Monday, November 5, 2007

Quarter One Debrief

I think that I did well in EE10 for first quarter. I tried to get all of my homework in on time, and I finished writing drafts and outlines for the right dates. I learned how to write analytical papers much more efficiently, although I still need some work. I learned how to analyze images and films, along with all of those spiffy terms. I learned how to write a real thesis statement and not just a list. I improved a lot on my writing in general and how I organize my thoughts. I still need to work on my writing and thesis statements. I'm still feeling a little iffy on that, but hopefully with this big research paper I will become more comfortable with the organizational things I need help with. The class environment is good!! My goals for Q2 are to concentrate on improving my writing skills, and learn to write even better thesis statements. I want to really work on getting the analytical stuff down. Can't wait for second quarter! :) 10/4

7 comments:

Anna W said...

Nice use of the word spiffy. It's a good word. I agree that essay writing is probably the hardest thing right now, but most of the class probably has improved on that quite a lot, thanks to Ms. Froehlich's superb teaching skills. But yes, thesis statements are definately going to drive me crazy someday. Actually, I think they already have. Hopefully I can improve on those too.

Nadia said...

i agree! i like that word:) i really want to work on my writing skills too esp. analysis papers. the extremely loud and incredibly close paper was my first ever but i was happy with the end result. i do know i definently have a lot to learn but thanks for helping me out! im a little nervous for the reseach paper but im just gonna give it my best shot. I know u'll do great on it! nice job!

Ruth F said...

I thought it was so much fun to learn how to analize photos and film too!! That is a great skill to have. I think it's great that you can look at what you did and see how you can make improvements, such as with a thesis statement as you say. I am having a hard time analysing as well, but maybe it will go better for you once the play is over!

Ms. Froehlich said...

I too enjoy your use of the word "spiffy". Most likely you feel like you have a pretty firm grasp on thesis statements after the research paper is over! Keep up the strong effort you showed during Q1 and I'm sure you'll achieve all your goals.

Julia H said...

I agree that I like our class environment most of the time. I too need to work on writing and thesis statements. I also need help one my organization. I try to organize my papers but it just doesn't seem to work. Good luck for second quarter.

edinacaitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edinacaitlin said...

Good job Evie :) It sounds like you had an awesome 1st quarter! I hope your second quarter is doing just as well!!
<3Caitlin